5 – 12 Years Old
They say it takes a village to raise a child. In fact it takes a very special and unique village to help raise a very special, unique and well balanced child. In early days, the example set by a parent becomes the cornerstone for their child’s development and behavior. As children grow and become more independent, we need to surround them with people who mirror our family values, and who are invested in our child’s success, through activities that are designed to teach them important life skills, and help them reach their full potential.
At Safeguard, we are not simply Martial Arts Instructors…WE ARE EDUCATORS!
- Does your child have the ability and confidence to meet new challenges?
- Do they have the courage to stand up for themselves or others in a bullying situation?
- Does he or she have the ability to focus in school, or under pressure?
- Do they have the strength to resist negative peer pressure, or are they easily led?
- Is your child maximizing his or her potential?
The programs at Safeguard go far beyond teaching children how to block, punch and kick.
- We teach important life skills – the mental and emotional tools that enable your child to achieve their highest potential, encouraging them to become completely capable, confident and successful.
- We teach children to stand up for themselves, their peers and their truths, through our interactive Bully Buster Program.
- We teach caution, common sense, and the simplicity of making good choices through our age-appropriate Anti- Abduction Program.
- We teach respect, by giving respect in return.
- We teach skill by breaking techniques down into smaller components, then building them in a way that allows the child to understand how each component works.
- We teach discipline, by mirroring disciplined behavior, presenting ourselves as exceptional role models they can look up to, and by enforcing a no-tolerance policy for inappropriate behavior.
- We increase confidence and self esteem by teaching skill development, and by recognizing and appreciating each child’s personal efforts through praise and the earning of promotions.
- We increase focus by timing our classes to work with a child’s attention span, evolving it over time to increase that ability over a greater time span.
- We teach work ethic by making classes fun and entertaining, so they will want to participate and be motivated to work harder to achieve ultimate success.